Time of solar eclipse in IST for 15 january 2010 - From 9:35 AM to 3:58 PM in Capricorn
Few facts about Eclipse-
* Mention of eclipse is found in Rig veda , Valmiki Ramayana and Mahabharata.
* We can witness many Chandra Grahans (Lunar Eclipses), but Surya Grahans (Solar Eclipses) are very rare. Because the moon orbits the Earth at an angle, approximately 5 degrees relative to the Earth-sun plane, the moon crosses the Earth's orbital plane only twice a year.As per the science also, Lunar Eclipse has very less effects on living beings but Solar Eclipse significantly affects the living world.
* The sun eclipse happens only with new moon and moon eclipse happens at moonless night.
* During Surya Grahan, Sun losses all his energy during Grahan and regains his lost energy and gathers the whole cosmic energy after the Grahan.The time to regain energy can be long sometimes and depends on type of eclipse.
* The effects of a Total Solar Eclipse last from 3 months to 3.5 years.The changes to be felt can take 6 months.
* Eclipses are of four types - total, annular, hybrid and partial.This time it is annular.
* Esoterically, Lunar and Solar Eclipse actually amplify the energy of the Signs they are in at that time many folds and then they are capable of manifesting and unveiling things those remain hidden as they open up the gates of our consciousness in accordance with the astrological significance.
* The eclipse is bound to bring a change and change is necessary for growth.The time of the eclipse is considered auspicious as this the time which is appropriate celestially to reevaluate our decisions, make adjustments, introspection, strive for balance and to plan for the future and to achieve the impossible and difficult goals with ease.
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Hamlet Act 1, scene 5, 159–167
Did Shakespeare have a clue about the mysterious powers to which our ordinary senses are too oblivious? Well it appears that the way in which the occult operates is essential for the ordinary mortals as they are not prepared for the acquaintance.
Each and every thing, living or nonliving can be translated into a form of energy and our thoughts which swarm in our mind like millions of butterflies continuously appearing and disappearing are also a form of energy although a very subtle one which our conventional science is yet to harness into something which can be measured or stored.
These thoughts reside in the complex matrix of our mind and furthest our science has reached in the so called calculations is that to have the knowledge of the frequencies at which our neurons fire and the associated levels of awareness and the state of mind.
The frequency range of the brain/mind is 14 - 30 cps (cycles per second or hertz). This is known as the “beta”state of mind. In this condition, the mind is engaged in active pursuits and alert.
* ALPHA: 7 - 13 cps Day dreaming condition; highly meditative state.
Associated with super learning and enhanced memory
* THETA: 3.5 - 7 cps deeply relaxed condition; the exact moment when you fall
asleep. Associated with extrasensory skills and psychic
* DELTA: 0.5 – 3.5 cps Deep, very deep sleep. A stage of heightened immunity.
Now here is a mind blowing piece of information for all the skeptics and the curious seekers
You and the planet resonate with each other and share energy between each other.
Earth’s magnetic field vibrates at a steady7.83Hz tone this is the resonance frequency of the Earth's magnetic field, making it a very natural meditation frequency for meditation. If you can somehow lower your bodily and mental frequencies to this level, you tune in to the vast unquenchable supply of life energies pervading the entire planet. It is this energy that will enable you to empower your thoughts and project it with such force that reality is reshaped with your mind alone.
Now the question which arises is what is it got to do with the occult significance of the solar eclipse?Here is a scientific explanation for;
If you meditate during the period of eclipse and if you are able to lower your brain frequency in this range that is 7htz. Then probably you will set in to motion the magical wheel of the occult and you can expect all kinds of divine manifestations and the psychic elevation that have been spoken of in so much details and in such mysterious ways.
When the all the three great heavenly bodies have aligned there axis in parallel : I am sure you can have that chill up your spine as to what will happen to the innate frequencies of all that comes in its way. The principal of resonance can actually magnify such frequencies and if by meditating you somehow align yourself with the frequency of earth then the manifestations are unstoppable and hence there is a probable explanation to the fact that all the religions and customs all over the globe lay al lot of stress on the significance of such events because what can be achieved in that brief moment might actually take a whole life time otherwise.
It is definitely a point to ponder upon.
Surya Grahan and Chandra Grahan are the most significant days as per Hinduism. Hrere are some do's and dont's-
* It is advisable to avoid performing any important work or deal.
* During solar eclipse no cooked food should be eaten. Adult Hindus stop eating 12 hours before a solar eclipse.Avoid outside food during grahanam and as well as the whole day.The scientific reason behind it is that it could turn poisonous when it is affected by the ultraviolet waves. Tulsi leaves or kusha should be placed over the cooked food. Pregnant women, small children and sick people are exceptions and avoid eating at the time of Grahanam.
* Taking a holy dip in rivers or lakes is highly auspicious.One should take bath when eclipse is over in the holy river Ganga or any other holy river as a symbol of cleanliness and to save self from the bad effects of Rahu. All water gets purified during eclipse so one can take bath at home after summoning or worshipping mentally the holy river Ganges .
* During Surya Grahan, reciting Surya Stotras such as Aditya Hridayam; Maha Mritunjaya Mantram and Vishnu Stotras is highly auspicious.
* Some of the important mantras that are chanted during the Surya Grahan include:
Gayatri Mantra,Ashtakshara Mantra dedicated to Shri Krishna. Ashtakshara mantra is ‘Shri Krishna ha sharnam mama.’ Astakshari Mantra is also taken as ‘Om Namoh Narayan Namah.’
Mahamrityunjay Mantra is also chanted during eclipse.
* Other mantras chanted are Surya Kavach Strotra and Aditya Hridaya Strotram
* It is important that one chants mantra, or remember god in any form, at this time to keep calm and the aura clean.
* All Hindu Temples remain closed during Surya Grahan. Temples open only after proper rituals are performed to get rid of the ill effects of the Surya Grahan. However, some Lord Shiva temples remain open during Surya Grahan as Lord Shiva is considered as ‘Layakara,’ who Himself is an embodiment of darkness.
* Normally at the time of Surya Grahan, pregnant women are supposed to not come out of the house, with no sunlight entering either by doors or windows. This is to avoid harmful rays.
* One must donate raw foods, blankets, shoes to brahmins and poor.
To know specific remedies according to your Horoscope visit the site and submit your details -